[Support request] Theme advice for screen printing and embroidery site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Theme advice for screen printing and embroidery site

Home Forums Support Theme advice for screen printing and embroidery site

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jack

Hi – brand new to GP, migrating from Shopify, and wondering if anyone can help with a theme suggestion. My site will be similar (but much lesser scale) to Threadbird.com or CustomInk.com in that there will be lots of colors and sizes for each item displayed, and also will add a customized widget “price estimator” allowing customers to select a style, color, QTY, and how many imprint colors needed, and the widget will display an estimated price. So my theme needs to be customized for that… these caught my eye but your advice on ANY theme is greatly appreciated: Seller, Prime, Niche, Merch. Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Unfortunately we don’t quite a have a Woo site like that. The closest one I’d say it’s Prime.

Jack

Hi Leo thanks for your reply. Ok then would it be possible to change the “add to cart” button to a “request for quote” button and go to a form instead of the cart when needed? Most products are not pre-printed one offs (some might be, then a cart is fine) but most are highly customized and would need to be quoted. Thanks.

Jack

… or are you saying that none of the themes would work and that I should build it from scratch using the GP platform? Sorry for all the questions but I want to make the right decision at the front end. Thank you.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok then would it be possible to change the “add to cart” button to a “request for quote” button and go to a form instead of the cart when needed?

That’s not something the theme controlled as it’s all handled by WooCommerce.

I would say that take a look at our site library closely and see if you like any of the templates. If not then starting from scratch might be a good idea.

Jack

Ok thanks. Last question: if from scratch would I still be in your environment? Us a page builder like beaver or elementor? I’m confused.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

if from scratch would I still be in your environment?

Sorry not sure what you are asking at all here.

Page builders are not required.

Jack

I’m sorry I’m not being very clear. I’m just trying to determine if I can use one of your themes and be able to customize it as I’ve described above so that it fits what i need to do. OR if I’m better off looking at an outside theme. The custom widget is one thing I’ll need to have done. Customizing the “add to cart” button is another. I’m not a developer. But at this point I guess I just need to try it and see what happens. Thank you for your time.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think the degree of difficulty would be similar whether you start with a site library template or from scratch.

I would also say that the 2 example sites you’ve linked aren’t super easy to replicate so if you have no previous experience with block editor, HTML and CSS at all then a page builder might be worth looking into.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.