[Resolved] The Site is Down!

Home Forums Support [Resolved] The Site is Down!

Home Forums Support The Site is Down!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Hussein Younes

I have received an update notification for GeneratePress, and then after updating it … The site went down!!

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in customizer.php on line 39

Any fix?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any errors? Was it the theme update, or GP Premium? Both received updates today.

Let me know – we’ll get it fixed for you 🙂

Hussein Younes

Both of them, however it went down after the theme update.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any specific errors? I’ll need some specifics in order to know what’s going on.

Hussein Younes

NO errors, just white page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you check your error_log file inside your file manager? If you don’t know where to find it, give your hosting a call and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

This version has been tested quite thoroughly, I’m using it here on this site and quite a few other sites. It’s also live and working on the WordPress.org preview.

We’ll need to figure out what your error is in order to figure out the fix.

Hussein Younes

Just emailed you the error_log file.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I see the issue – you’re using PHP 5.2 which is super old (and vulnerable to hacking).

I just released an update that will fix this.

I also emailed you the latest version so you don’t have to wait the 10 mins for the new version to go live.

You’ll definitely want to get that PHP version updated.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hussein Younes

Will call JustHost now, whet is the latest version of the PHP that I should have?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can have up to PHP7, but 5.6 is the latest stable I believe.

Carl

Hello Tom
    I have the same problem. I updated GP Premium and that was OK, then I updated the theme and the site just shows a blank page. Replaced previous version and site is back up. Fairly new site with not many plug-ins running on a Windows server

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Same issue – you’re most likely running PHP 5.2.

GP 1.3.33 just went live, which is safe for you to update to.

I suggest getting that PHP version updated ASAP – it’s no longer supported, and is vulnerable to hackers.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Carl

Thanks for the help and quick fix Tom. Much aprreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for your understanding! I recently switched to a test server that doesn’t support 5.2 so I couldn’t test with this version (tested 5.3 and up).

Needless to say I’ll be switching again so I can continue to test 5.2.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

For anybody having this issue that is stuck and can’t fix it, here’s what to do:

1. Copy the contents of this file: https://themes.svn.wordpress.org/generatepress/1.3.33/inc/customizer.php
    2. Using a file manager (in your hosting cPanel, or FTP) go to “wp-content/themes/generatepress/inc” and open customizer.php.
    3. Replace the contents of that file with the content of the file in #1 above.
    4. Save, and your site will be back.
    5. Call your host and ask to be upgraded to the latest version of PHP – 5.2 is super old and no longer supported.

If you can’t figure out the above, email me (https://generatepress.com/contact) with hosting/FTP login details, and I’ll do it for you – no charge.

GP 1.3.33 is now live, and works with all versions of PHP (5.2+).

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Tom.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.