[Resolved] The position of the right sidebar and the main content of a page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] The position of the right sidebar and the main content of a page

Home Forums Support The position of the right sidebar and the main content of a page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ping

Hi, there:

I created a page with an article using the right sidebar. Once the sidebar kicks in, the format of the whole page turns weird. If the “Page Builder Container” is set as “full Width”, the left margin of the main content disappears. If the “Page Builder Container” is set as “Default” or “Contained”, the width of the main content is so narrow.

How can I move the right sidebar to the right to leave more space to the main content. The position of the right sidebar of this forum looks pretty nice, for example.

I have tried almost all the buttons that can be tried but could not address it. I suppose that I should add some CSS but I don’t know how to make it. By the way, I have downloaded Simple CSS as guided.

Thank you so much for your time in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

change the Page Builder container back to Default.
    Then in Customizer > Layout > Container increase the Content Width to a larger size.
    Then in Customizer > Layout > Sidebars, reduce the % of the Right Sidebar.

Ping

Hi, David:

Thank you so much for your quick response.

I tried this solution and the page that has issue does look much better.

But the problem is that increasing the Content Width through Customizer > Layout > Container changes the content width of all the pages and posts. The original content width of the pages and posts without sidebar is quite satisfying. What I want to change is only the one with sidebar — the width of the main content and the position of the right sidebar.

Is it possible that I just move the right sidebar to the right edge of the browser and leave enough space to the main content?

Thank you so much if you could take the time to guide me.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would use the Customizer to set the Width where you posts with a sidebar look nice.
    Then use the Layout Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

This you can use to remove sidebars and set a different content width for those pages that don’t require a sidebar.

Ping

Hi, David:

Thank you so much for it. It’s great to learn something new.

But adding a new element does not seem to allow me to change the position of the right sidebar on that proper page. It remains.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What i mean is:

1. Set your Customizer > Layout > Content Width to the width you need to display your page + sidebar.
    2. Then use the Layout Element to set a narrower width for the other pages.

Then link me to the Page with the sidebar so i can see what else we can do.

Ping

Hi, David:

You are such a saviour. That works. Sorry that I was careless and did the reverse of what you showed me.

Thank you so much for your support.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.