[Resolved] The Events Calendar Not Displaying Correctly Flexbox

Home Forums Support [Resolved] The Events Calendar Not Displaying Correctly Flexbox

Home Forums Support The Events Calendar Not Displaying Correctly Flexbox

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joel

Hello, apologies I’m not able to share a link for you to check but you should be able to replicate by installing The Events Calendar plugin on any GP install with flexbox enabled.

Basically when you click View Calendar it no longer takes up the whole width of the container when Flexbox is enabled (it works fine if Floats is enabled instead). With flexbox enabled it looks like it’s constrained inside a single column?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Joel,

Any chance you can duplicate this issue on a staging site environment so we can take a look?

We would really appreciate that.

Thanks!

Joel

Here you go..I’ve added the url in the private info…I would appreciate it if this isn’t shared further on any screenshots etc – thanks πŸ™‚

If floats is enabled it takes up the whole width like the demo https://demo.theeventscalendar.com

thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I feel like this is something Event Calendar need to improve on their end.

Does this CSS fix the issue?

.tribe-events-view {
        width: 100%;
    }
    Joel

Yes that seems better…thanks! And I’ll raise it with them too.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Rick

I ran into the same flexbox conflict issue today. I noticed it when it would randomly stack the event list flex items at large screen views making featured images in the event list HUGE (full screen). Once I refreshed the page, the flex items would fall back side-by-side instead of stacked. A few times it would lock into the non-full-width thing the OP described.

I reverted back to version 2 for now. Least painful course for me at this time.

Yes, this may be a The Events Calendar issue, but you might want to keep this on your radar. Lots of folks using both this theme and The Event Calendar.

Cheers!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good thanks πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.