[Support request] The Event Calendar title in Page Headers

Home Forums Support [Support request] The Event Calendar title in Page Headers

Home Forums Support The Event Calendar title in Page Headers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Antal

Hi,
    I would love to have a GP Page Header for my events, that display the title of the event. (And possibly the date and time). The regular tags {{title}} don’t work on these event pages. I hope you can enlighten me? πŸ™‚
    Example: https://3.bn1.nl/event/tristique-malesuada/

I have found this, but can not seem to get it working. https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-header-template-tags/

Thanks a million!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Looks like we can use this function: https://theeventscalendar.com/function/tribe_get_events_title/

We just need to add it to a shortcode:

add_shortcode( 'events_title', function() {
        return function_exists( 'tribe_get_events_title' ) ? tribe_get_events_title() : '';
    } );

Then use [events_title] in your Page Header.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Antal

Thanks Tom, this comes back as ‘aankomende events’ (coming events), not the title of the event.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What does {{post_title}} output?

Antal

I added it again Tom, it works now! (dont know what was wrong before)
    Is there, by any chance, also a similar solution for the date/time?
    Thanks πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You should be able to use the standard date/time template tags as well if {{post_title}} works.

Antal

Neither {{post_title}} or any other tags work with Event pages.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, the shortcode I provided is the one that’s working?

Antal

Yes, the code snippet, plus [events_title] work. The title is now glorious present in the header. πŸ™‚
    (now only, if possible, the date/time)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try these:

add_shortcode( 'events_start_time', function() {
        return function_exists( 'tribe_get_start_date' ) ? tribe_get_start_date() : '';
    } );

add_shortcode( 'events_end_time', function() {
        return function_exists( 'tribe_get_end_date' ) ? tribe_get_end_date() : '';
    } );
    Neil

Hi,

I have been able to display only this title, “Upcoming Events” and the current time in the page-hero header element. I want to display the event post title and my custom taxonomy or at the least eventscalendar categories and tags in the header as well but don’t see how to do that.

I am using the page hero header element on a custom post type and posts and would like to have eventscalendar header look the same. I was able to reposition the event post title into the header and the featured image is displaying but not the metadata. Is this possible with eventscalendar?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Did you try these shortcodes?: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/the-event-calendar-title-in-page-headers/#post-604870

They should display the start and end times (according to their docs) – not the current time.

Neil

Hi Tom,

Yes, I tried them – put them in my functions file and called the shortcode from the Single Post Header. Still just returns the current time. And I also tried to return the post title but it is giving me the archive title I believe, “Upcoming Events”.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You may need to check with their support on why those shortcodes wouldn’t be outputting the correct data. It’s possible that there’s something additional we need to do in order to get the correct info outside of the loop.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.