[Resolved] The CSS attribute of the website is escaped to unicode

Home Forums Support [Resolved] The CSS attribute of the website is escaped to unicode

Home Forums Support The CSS attribute of the website is escaped to unicode

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Edit the border in the background of WP and click the update. The CSS attribute of the website is escaped to unicode.

.gb-container-146c7024 {
        background-color: var(u002du002dbase-3);
        border-style: solid;
        border-width: 2px;
        border-color: var(u002du002dbase-2);
    }
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you provide a screenshot of where you’re making the changes ?

https://waimao-us-west.oss-us-west-1.aliyuncs.com/templateFiles/common/1638409983%281%29.jpg
    https://waimao-us-west.oss-us-west-1.aliyuncs.com/templateFiles/common/1638410235%281%29.jpg

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

WordPress escapes some characters like -- which is what you’re seeing.

However, once parsed on the frontend these characters are converted back.

Is there anything special about the pages where this is happening? Were they imported? Duplicated/cloned using a plugin?

I seem to have found the key problem. Some plug-ins seem to affect the front-end escape. Just close them and reset the style. Thank you for your patience:)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem!

Web de Nutris SL

When working with editors Kit the CSS variables (global styles) do not work because they are saved as var(u002du002dgreen) instead of var(-green).

If I deactivate the editors kit plugin, it works correctly.

In the backend (gutenberg editor) it works fine but, when you go to the frontend (web) is when the global styles break down.

I can’t deactivate the editors kit plugin because I use it throughout the site. Is there any way to fix this problem? I have already notified the authors of editors kit as well

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

that would be something that the EditorKit author needs to rectify as it seems they are interfering with the default behaviour of the editor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.