[Resolved] The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page

Home Forums Support The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Carlos Leon

Hello,

First of all, I want to say that I know nothing about coding and also say this is the first time I use WordPress to build a website. I’m using GP Premium theme together with Elementor plugin. Also, I’m using WPML plugin to translate the site

I would like to edit the GP blog section, but when I try to modify the blog a notice comes up that says “The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page. You must call “the_content” function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page”
    “Add the_content function into the page template’s code. This is the line you need to add:
    <?php the_content(); ?>
    If you are not familiar with where to place this code or how to add it to the page, please contact your website developer, so it can be implemented properly.”
    How can I translate and modify the blog section? Is there anyone can help me with this issue?
    Thanks.
    Regards.
    Carlos L.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Carlos,

Welcome to WordPress and GP πŸ™‚

What exactly are you trying to modify the blog section? A link to your site might help if it’s live πŸ™‚

Carlos Leon

Hi leo,
    I’m finishing my website http://www.letmanartgallery.com and the thing is that WPML plugin does not translate the site straight away, you have to do the translations in the languages you want and the WPML switches between the languages. I’m using Elementor and it works well but when I try to edit the blog section with Elementor a notice comes up saying “sorry, the content area was not found on your page”
    “you must call “the_content” function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page”
    I send you all the info comes up when I try to edit the blog with Elementor:

The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page

This article explains what to do if you get the message:

“Sorry, the content area was not found on your page. You must call “the_content” function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page.”

-What is the_content, and why does Elementor require it?

The ‘the_content’ is a WordPress function that gets the content from the database and prints it on the screen. Because Elementor’s content replaces the content of the page, if this function is not called for, then Elementor cannot work. Read more on the_content function on WordPress.org.
    The common reasons for the_content function not to be called
    There are 3 common occurrences that may be the cause why the_content will not be called:
    *Sometimes the theme has a front page template that is already pre-built and does not include content from the page. This is most common on free WordPress themes.
    *Custom made page templates that do not include the_content.
    *WooCommerce product pages that do not include the_content.

Manual solution

Add the_content function into the page template’s code.

This is the line you need to add: <?php the_content(); ?>

If you are not familiar with where to place this code or how to add it to the page, please contact your website developer, so it can be implemented properly.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Carlos,

Check out this post: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/elementor-problem-sorry-the-content-area-was-not-found-in-your-page/

It provides an explanation and some potential solutions – it could be a plugin you are using.

Let me know if this helps.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Elementor only works on static pages or posts – it won’t work on the blog pages, archives, categories etc..

Carlos Leon

Ok, Thank you!
    Regards.
    Carlos L.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Ben

Hi guys,

I just had the same problem of getting the “The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page” msg. It only affects my static home page. Disabled all the plugins only to find it was only the Generate Press Premium plugin that was causing the crash. When I deactivate that plugin I can edit my homepage again. Two other perhaps related, perhaps incidental occurrences just prior to crash: 1) GP Premium plugin failed to update. 2) I added a template and then the page crashed.

I paid for and really like GP Premium so I don’t want to leave it deactivated.

Trinity, a little help?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

We are not aware of this conflicts happening – it should be all over the forum now if the new update is causing it.

You can see here that Elementor recommended using GP to test when you encounter this trouble:
    https://docs.elementor.com/article/56-content-area-not-found

Since you failed to update, what version are you using?

Might be good to check with their support πŸ™‚

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Ben

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I’m using GP 1.7. Is that the latest version? I got a message to update and when I did it tried and then told me the update had failed. In regards to the warning. It happened right after I tried to import a template into my static homepage. A dialogue box asked me if I also wanted to import the document settings of the template (“Attention importing may override previous settings”) … I chose ‘yes’ and then the import continued and the page crashed very shortly after.

Many thanks
    Ben

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That case I’d check with Elementor.

They should have a better idea what’s going on.

Feel free to open a new topic if you need further assistance πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.