[Support request] the best way to edit my category page?

Home Forums Support [Support request] the best way to edit my category page?

Home Forums Support the best way to edit my category page?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    a1reno

Hi,

What is the best way to edit my category archive into a similar style of a page I designed with generateblocks?

I’d like it to look exactly like my recommended products page so I don’t mind copying and pasting that template and content onto my old archive page and deleting my recommended page. I’m just not sure what is the best way to edit the archieve page.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Archive pages are not directly editable – it takes a bit of ‘hacking away’ to make a static page layout.
    Question:

On the category archive – i assume you just want a list of the articles? And no Sub Headings ?

a1reno

I’d like the category archive to look like the other page that I listed.. which is pretty basic.

I’m not too bothered really about the look of the archive page in general, the only reason is that I have turned on breadcrumbs so i’d rather that if a user clicks on the breadcrumb they are taken to a page that is organised better such as the page I listed, rather than the messy archive page.

Do you think it’s a better idea to instead get the breadcrumb to point to that page instead of the category archive?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You should be able to use this method to use the static page as category archive page:
    https://docs.wpshowposts.com/article/use-static-pages-as-category-archives/

Let me know if you need further assistance 🙂

Manuel Fernández

Hello,

When i add that code, the category archive page show the static page, so thats works, but i can’t reach the differents post of that category with this structure domain/category/post 🙁 i don’t know why but i can’t show my posts.

Can you help me with this?

Thank you in anticipation

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you will have to add a GB Query Loop block to your Static page if you want to list the posts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.