[Resolved] The background image of the header, in the mobile version, does not remain fixed

Home Forums Support The background image of the header, in the mobile version, does not remain fixed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zalomaral

Hi,

I have set a background image in a fixed position for the header, but in the mobile version it is not fixed.

how will we do it?

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know πŸ™‚

zalomaral

Hi,
    I have already edited the original topic and sent you the URL to link to the site and so you can monitor it.

thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not seeing a background image in the header – there is a fixed background on the body though.

But fixed attachment backgrounds do not work on most mobile devices, as they can use a lot of processing power and run down the device battery.

For a fixed body background i provide a solution here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/background-image-on-smartphone/#post-1146717

zalomaral

HI,
    I have already set the background image on the body through the configuration panel. In the mobile device models I have tried, it works correctly, but the fixed background image does not work in the header.
    Would it be necessary, in addition, the css code that you send me?

I didn’t know that the fixed background image on mobile devices would give us problems and have a lot of battery consumption. What is your recommendation if I like the fixed background image? Will it work correctly on all mobile devices?

Thank you

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What if you:

1. Remove the background header for the site header.

2. Remove the background color from the site header in Customize > Colors > Site Header.

Let me know if that does it or not πŸ™‚

zalomaral

Hi Tom,
    I tried what you told me, I removed the background color and the background image from the header and now it works correctly. By removing the color and the background image, we create transparency, is this so? This would be enough to work on any mobile device, where it failed before?

Thank you for your clarifications.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s correct. I assume having two layers of fixed backgrounds was preventing it from working on mobile.

Glad it’s working now! πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.