[Resolved] The archive category “food” in my menu displays the whole article

Home Forums Support [Resolved] The archive category “food” in my menu displays the whole article

Home Forums Support The archive category “food” in my menu displays the whole article

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    liz

Hi, there!

The rest of the archive categories in the menu only display the excerpt of the article except for the “food” category..which is so odd. My site’s name is in the private information field. Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the category link is taking me directly to a single post – not the archive.
    Can you check that single posts Slug ? Make sure its not the same as the Category eg. Food.

liz

Hi, there!

I checked the slug and it does not have the label “category” that’s why the category link takes me directly to the single post, not the archive. But it is a bit odd because I made a category for “food” and created it the exact same way as the other categories and yet unlike the others, it does not have the label “category” in the slug.

Do you have any suggestions on how to go about it?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Do you have any redirection plugins installed? Or any template modification that uses wp_redirect() function?

These things can cause issues. Let us know.

liz

Hi!

Yes, I do have a redirection plugin installed. Can I delete this plugin from the site without causing problems with the redirected images? Thanks in advance.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, I do have a redirection plugin installed. Can I delete this plugin from the site without causing problems with the redirected images? Thanks in advance.

You can try temporary disabling the redirection plugin and check if it stops the issue from occurring.

Once we confirm that it is the issue, you can try to check its settings if there’s a setting in it that redirects /category/food to the single post it redirects into.

liz

Thanks, alvin!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks, alvin!

Have you resolved it? No problem.

liz

Hi, Alvin! prior to deleting the plugin, I decided to delete the category”food” and replaced it with “recipe” and for some reason, it worked. But I decided to delete the redirection plugin permanently because of another error I am experiencing with my site.

Thanks a lot!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi, Alvin! prior to deleting the plugin, I decided to delete the category”food” and replaced it with “recipe” and for some reason, it worked. But I decided to delete the redirection plugin permanently because of another error I am experiencing with my site.

Thank you for sharing it with us. Glad you got it sorted. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.