[Resolved] Text weight issue (Chrome on Windows only)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Text weight issue (Chrome on Windows only)

Home Forums Support Text weight issue (Chrome on Windows only)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sven

Hi there,

I’ve noticed there’s something odd going on with the sections on my site. On Linux and Andoid it’s all fine but watched from Chrome in Windows, all text on a solid background color is a tad bolder than the dark text on white background. Check out the link to see it.

Any idea what may cause this? I’m loading the font locally, that’s pretty much the only thing I’ve changed (that and the rest of the custom CSS ofc) but there’s nothing relating to the weight of this font and it’s actually set to weight: 400 in both areas.

GeneratePress 2.1.2
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ve noticed this sometimes as well. I believe it’s actually Chrome trying to make light text on darker backgrounds more readable.

The actual CSS is correct, and is applying the same weight to all sections.

This might offer some more insight: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23385309/browser-font-aliasing-light-on-dark-vs-dark-on-light

Sven

Great feature, gotta love that. Sadly, the CSS suggested to help a little didn’t make any noticable difference on my site. I left it in there just in case some rare browser picks it up somewhere but I think I’ll just block all access to my website unless someone downloads a specially crafted browser to display it the way it looks on MY computer. It’s the best we’ve got ;o)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Definitely a strange one – hopefully Chrome improves it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.