[Resolved] Text on my website appears beyond the screen on mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Text on my website appears beyond the screen on mobile

Home Forums Support Text on my website appears beyond the screen on mobile

• This topic has 17 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Ying.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Martins

Please help.

The padding on my website does not work well for my mobile. When I refresh a few times on mobile, it overrides the padding on all 4 sides on every page. I did the setting using customize. Also, some text appears beyond the screen on the left side of the blog post page. Please help

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you have some ‘broken’ code on your site. Question have you used any Hooks or Functions to add scripts to your site such as Adverts or Analytics ?

Martins

I haven’t used hook for function to add any code. I use ad inserter and I have also added google ads which is currently inactive. However, this problem probably started before I added any of those codes (I think – can’t recall the exact sequence). It started not long after I switched to block editor. I’m certain that the problem was there before I started using ad inserter but not sure if it was there before I added code for google ad. I have also used cover in some of my posts. I noticed this not long afterwards.

How do I detect broken codes and fix them pls?

Martins

Also, I remember I added google analytics but can’t recall how I did it. I think I inserted the code for google analytics and monsterinsight somewhere in the footer or header. can you help pls?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its impossible for me to say how you added code to your site, but if you check your site at the top above the header you will see:

UA-215708760-1

And when inspect the sites code i see:

2022-03-26_16-35-14

So somehow that UA-215708760-1 has been aded to the site. You need to track down where it was added. And that needs to be removed. If you edited any Theme files to do that – then it would be best to download a a fresh copy of the theme and re-install it.

Martins

I might have added it via file manager using a youtube tutorial (I think) but didn’t edit the theme. Not even sure how to get to file manager.Can you help with that? If I re-install a new generatepress theme, won’t I loose my posts and my indexing with google?

Martins

Just trying to recall. I think I pasted the code in the theme editor header. Can’t seem to find my theme editor anymore

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can try re-install GP theme, your posts will be stored in the database.

Martins

Will it affect my SEO? What consequences do I have to be aware of?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

There should be no consequences in terms of SEO.

Martins

Do I need to re-customize my setting, homepage, blog page etc or create a back-up?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s always a good idea to have create a backup.

But normally the settings will be recovered once the theme is installed and activated again.

Martins

“So somehow that UA-215708760-1 has been aded to the site. You need to track down where it was added. And that needs to be removed. If you edited any Theme files to do that – then it would be best to download a a fresh copy of the theme and re-install it.”

That was the advise I was given earlier. Is it as simple as de-activating an re-activating or uninstalling and re-installing? what did he mean by “fresh copy”.

Also will the fix the problem I have having with the broken code as a result of a code I might have added previously? I’m yet to locate the code and remove it. Can I still progress without removing the broken code?

Finally, how do I locate my theme editor. It doesn’t show in appearance in wordpress

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think before uninstalled GP theme, you can try the steps below one by one, and let us know which step removes the text or all of them don’t work.

1. Deactivate all plugins except GP premium.

2. Deactivate GP premium.

3. Deactivate GP theme, activate another theme.

Let me know!

Martins

Do u suggest I create a back up? if yes, how do i create a back up?
    what about generateblock, classic editor and All in one SEO? do i deactivate these as well

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.