[Resolved] Template Tag for Search Query

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Template Tag for Search Query

Home Forums Support Template Tag for Search Query

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Matt

Hello,

I’m in the process of creating a page header for search results and was wondering whether there was a template tag where I can call the search query and display it. I’d like to create a customised headline and stick the search query in a search form field as part of the header.

Many thanks for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

to add the Search form to the header requires a shortcode – i provide the code to do that here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/search-box-in-the-header/#post-1253293

Matt

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

This is a good idea and one I can fall back on.

I’m seeking to design a search form from scratch that contains the search query and my own placeholder text and have it in the Header. I’m trying to bring search to the foreground rather than just in the nav bar and in doing so, I’m keen to be able to have more control over how the search results page looks.

I’m cool with the HTML and CSS. What I’m not yet cool with is the best mechanism for displaying the entered search query in a search form field in the header of the search results page.

If you have any thoughts, I’d be very grateful to hear them.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Matt

This certainly looks to be the solution I’m seeking. I’ll give it a go shortly and I’ll update the topic if it all goes well.

Many thanks as always.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Matt

Just a quick update…

Job done! Thanks for your help. Search results page now looking much nicer – https://heretotravel.com/?s=london

Thanks for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I like that 🙂 Thanks for sharing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.