[Support request] template-config

Home Forums Support [Support request] template-config

Home Forums Support template-config

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    James

Tom,

Been using your wordpress theme and plugin for many years. Recently I’ve found my websites have been getting .bt and .default files have been created, ive spent nearly a week trying to sort it and I’m finding your plugin “might” be and im not fully blaming the plugin, but your plugin is the only one installed across all sites and is the only thing that tally’s up, as around the same time your theme template-config file has been modified. Has anyone else come across this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

have you run any malware or security scans on your site?

James

David,

Which do you recommend, and yes i have its detecting them what I’m finding online is template-config.php within the theme folder could be infected.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/fixing-the-bt-hack-default-hack/

Does generate have a template-config.php as standard?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi James,

Neither the GP theme nor the GP premium plugin has the template-config.php file.

James

Ying,

Well for some reason it now has!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hum, we haven’t received any similar reports, so I highly doubt it’s caused by the theme.

Usually, when a site is hacked, the admin should contact the host immediately, have you checked with your host?

Let me know!

James

Ying,

Contacted my hosting account, and they told me plugin/theme is the issue. All my sites are affected, so if i find that file i can delete it

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the solution given by your host is to delete the file? If so, you should do it, as GP doesn’t have this file.

Are all your site using GP theme? Sorry to hear that!

James

Ying,

Well i’ve been doing for digging and noticed the file modification date was newer, so when i checked the theme folder and found template-config.php was newer thats why i thought i would question it.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does re-install GP theme help?

James

Yes

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hope this will fix the issue.

I would recommend installing security plugins or enabling the security feature if your host provides one.

James

Ying,

What do you recommend

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I don’t have a personal reference, try the ones recommended in this article:
    https://kinsta.com/blog/wordpress-security-plugins/

James

Hi,

What plug-in do you use on generatepress website to 2fa and send the code via email.

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.