[Resolved] Tags, title, and post description disappeared

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Tags, title, and post description disappeared

Home Forums Support Tags, title, and post description disappeared

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    George

I noticed that the section where you can specify the post title, the post description, and the post tags for the search engines disappeared from all my posts. I have all the screen option boxes checked. This must have just happened since when I published my last post a few days ago, the meta description section was still there. What can cause this to disappear?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are those from WordPress? Don’t think I see them either:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/7MNvB3pcs

If you don’t see them in my video either, then it’s probably from a plugin?

Let me know if this helps 🙂

George

I noticed the same phenomenon on all my websites which run on GP. Then I turned off all plugins. That didn’t help. Then I switched to the 2017 theme, AND all plugins were deactivated. That didn’t help either. Now I am stumped. Do you see the metadata fields on your sites? Any idea what is going on?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you see the metabox you are referring to in my video?

If not then they might be coming from a plugin that isn’t working?

George

I don’t see the metabox in your video either.
    I tested this with ALL plugins deactivated, and I cannot get the metabox to show in any of my sites.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

GP itself doesn’t have any metabox options like that.

Were you using a plugin like Yoast SEO perhaps?

George

No, no Yoast, and I deactivated all plugins anyway, which didn’t help. It is just strange that the metabox disappeared on all my sites. Without it I have no more influence what shows up in google search results. When you look at your site, does the metabox show up in your posts? (title, description, and tags)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What we are trying to say is that those metabox you are referring to aren’t from GP or WordPress. Sounds like they are from a plugin that’s no longer working.

George

Aha, now I get it, thanks. You are right, this must be from my All-in-one SEO pack plugin, and their latest update must have broken this.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could help!

Susan

I think All-In-One SEO changed something in the default settings so that the metaboxes don’t automatically show in pages with sections.

In All-In-One SEO settings, you have to enable SEO for Custom Post Types, then tick the box for “SEO for Custom Post Types: Enabled”

I hope this helps.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks Susan 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.