[Support request] tabs in sidebar with toolset views

Home Forums Support [Support request] tabs in sidebar with toolset views

Home Forums Support tabs in sidebar with toolset views

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Martin

I’m trying to create a sidebar containing two Toolset views within two tabs. (Here is the Drupal website which I am trying to translate to WordPress with the GeneratePress theme and Toolset – this link shows the sidebar I am trying to achieve: https://icasc.ca/post/asc-research-project-final-report )

The one thought I have come up with so far is to install the Ultimate Shortcodes plugin and use it as widget and the tab shortcode which in turn contains the two toolset view shortcodes.

Do you think this is a good approach?

Thanks for the advice.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yup I think that would be a good approach.

There should be other tabs or accordion plugins as well if Ultimate Shortcodes doesn’t workout for you.

Victor

Hi Guys!

I was wondering if there is the possibility to add a double tab menu on a sidebar with Generateblocks nowadays WITHOUT installing an additional plugin.

Please, check a sample here with the tabs “Guides”, “Reviews” and “Agency”: https://neilpatel.com/blog/instagram-marketing-tips/

Thanks!
    Victor

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

currently that would require custom development with GB. We’re looking at adding a tab feature to the plugin at a later date

Martin

I ended up last year creating a hook ‘generate_before_right_sidebar_content’ and this code:

<div class="rt_sidebarhook">	
    <ul class="nav nav-pills justify-content-center" id="pills-tab" role="tablist">
    <li class="nav-item">
    <a class="nav-link active" id="pills-featured-tab" data-toggle="pill" href="#pills-featured" role="tab" aria-controls="pills-featured" aria-selected="true"> Featured </a>
      </li>
    <li class="nav-item">
    <a class="nav-link" id="pills-recent-tab" data-toggle="pill" href="#pills-recent" role="tab" aria-controls="pills-recent" aria-selected="false"> Recent </a>
    </li>
    </ul>
    <div class="tab-content" id="pills-tabContent">
    <div class="tab-pane fade show active" id="pills-featured" role="tabpanel" aria-labelledby="pills-featured-tab">[wpv-view name="featured-posts"]</div>
      <div class="tab-pane fade" id="pills-recent" role="tabpanel" aria-labelledby="pills-recent-tab">[wpv-view name="recent-posts"]</div>
    </div>
    </div>

You can see it in action here: https://icasc.ca/pre-budget-submission-2021/

The wpv-view shortcode is from Toolset (which I could not live without by the way). I love the combination of the stability and completeness for any situation of GeneratePress with the power of Toolset for custom post types and views (which with GeneratePress hooks can be placed anywhere).

Please write here how you solved your tab situation. 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for sharing your solution!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.