[Support request] Tables

Home Forums Support [Support request] Tables

Home Forums Support Tables

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Yvon-Pierre

I’m currently exploring tables. The Gutenberg table block is very limited. WP lists “Flexible Table” as “available to install” when you search for a table block. I tried it and it’s way better than the Gutenberg table block but I’m wondering if there’s better.

Searching through GP Help Forum, I noticed that someone suggested adding Tables in GB (post #1974411). Great suggestion IMHO! I’m wondering what’s the status on this?

I saw as well that Leo recommended about two years ago using the TablePress plugin (post #1366237) but since it’s not directly available in the block editor (you have to insert a shortcode block instead), I went looking online and found WP Table Builder, which seems quite interesting.

I’m wondering what you recommend to add tables directly in the block editor?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Yvon-Pierre,

The table element is generally not very responsive, if possible, I would recommend avoiding using it.

If you have to use a table, try using those which have better responsiveness.

GB won’t be having the table block shortly, but you can give the Grid block a try 🙂

Yvon-Pierre

If you have to use a table, try using those which have better responsiveness

Yes, that’s my original question. Which one(s) would that be?

GB won’t be having the table block shortly, but you can give the Grid block a try

Can you really use GB’s Grid block as a table? Unless I’m missing something, it seems to me it would be much more time-consuming than using a dedicated tables plugin or block. If there’s an easy way to use GB’s Grid block as a table, please show me how or point me to the right direction.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, that’s my original question. Which one(s) would that be?

I have no idea, I have never used one personally, so it’s really difficult to make the recommendation. Just check the reviews I guess 🙂
    Try search responsive table WordPress plugin on google, you should be able to find some.
    I see the one you are using gets pretty good review, and this one too: https://wordpress.org/plugins/make-tables-responsive/

Can you really use GB’s Grid block as a table?

Yes, building tables with GB Grid block takes time. It really depends on how many and how often you’ll be using tables.

Yvon-Pierre

Perfect, thanks Ying!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.