[Support request] Tables

Home Forums Support [Support request] Tables

Home Forums Support Tables

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peter

I use generate press Pro and am delighted with the theme. Everything work and is easy to create a lovely website. This isnt really a support question more of a request. We store a lot of sports results in tables on the site mainly excel style results. I can format these using the standard table formatting and I have figures out how to set colours and highlighting of rows using a few bits of css code.

It would be much easier if generate press did this for me. I can control just about every aspect of my website using generate press, every colour spacings fonts etc. Can I request a little bit of development on tables in generate press.

I have tried tablepress and a few other plugins but I would rather stay within the generate press framework which seems to produce very fast sites and response times.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP doesn’t do anything fancy with tables, it leaves it standard HTML Table styles with minor styling. We are however aware that some of the standard tables styles in WP Core Table Blocks don’t work correctly, this is due to WP changing the HTML markup and CSS classes of the core blocks from the original versions of the block editor. It is something we’re looking into.

What specifically do you want assistance with ? Is there a specific style you would like help with ?

Peter

Hi David,

I have managed to create tables with the specific look we need its just a pain having to do it with each table I create. It would be much better if I could set these globally from within the customise generate press area. I can control virtually ever bit of a wordpress site using generate press but tables are just sort of forgotten.

It would be nice just to have a few options such as changing borders, cell background colours, highlighting alternate rows. highliting current row.

As I said its nothing to fancy just a few bits and bobs rather than having to do the same customisation each table I add.

It just seems an obvious area for improvement in perhaps a future version. Even so I’m loving generate press, fast and simple to use even a total idiot like myself can manage to create a pretty decent robust site without to much hassle and its so quick.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’ll add it to our feature request list – its come up a couple of times. We do need to address the core WP table styles that they keep changing. So ill have a chat with Tom about what we can do ๐Ÿ™‚

Peter

That would be great, its only a small thing but will be extremely useful. I think because you can adjust virtually everything else within the theme it just stands out as lacking. Doesnt need anything fancy just a few easy options.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its on our list – can’t make no promises but i will talk with Tom ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.