[Support request] Table of Contents Anchor Link Positions

Home Forums Support [Support request] Table of Contents Anchor Link Positions

Home Forums Support Table of Contents Anchor Link Positions

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Console messages are unrelated to the smooth scroll.
    Sorry at a bit of loss as its a local issue i can’t really advise further

Michael

Hi David,

I’m also at a loss. Could I set scroll-behavior: smooth; somewhere on the main page to see if that does anything?

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/scroll-behavior

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you install and test on Chrome browser ?
    If that still an issue then i would suggest speaking with your ISP and ask them about their Caches.

Michael

Hi David, what should I install on Chrome? I tested on Chrome previously and the smooth scroll also did not function as it should.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So it’s not working on your computer at all, regardless of browser?

When you tried on another computer, it worked?

Michael

Hi Tom,

It’s not working on any of my browsers – Firefox, Chrome and Opera are the ones I have installed. It works on my mobile phone though.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is you phone on the same network connection as the laptop?
    If it isn’t then can you use the phone as a wifi hotspot and connect the laptop and view the site in a private browser. This will help point the issue to the either the laptop or the network.

Michael

Hi David, the phones are on the same network unfortunately. I have just tested on Microsoft Edge browser and the scrolling is working properly…. But refuses to work properly for me on Firefox, Chrome and Opera…. Bizarre.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That sort of points the finger at the browser caches or the URLs being used on those browsers. Can you make sure the URL doesn’t contain any ? strings

Michael

Hi David,

The url doesn’t appear to have any ? strings eg:

https://reclaimdesign.org/reclaimed-wood-commissions.html#7

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am really at a loss as to what this could be. That fact that Edge is working on the device makes it even more peculiar.

Michael

Hi David, I’m at a total loss as to what’s happening too, and my research hasn’t turned up anything useful. There aren’t any viruses on my machine (I thought maybe something like that) after running a scan with a couple of apps – MalWareBytes, Windows Defender and Super Anti-Spyware….

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.