[Support request] Switching site library template having issues

Home Forums Support [Support request] Switching site library template having issues

Home Forums Support Switching site library template having issues

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pamela

Hello, I am changing from Avery to Wordsmith. I removed what it suggested, and selected Wordsmith but it looks horrible and nothing like the demo!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know 🙂

Pamela

I removed the imported site, all plugins, and followed the steps here https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-site-library/

Yes, my site is listed below.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It doesn’t look like Wordsmith is imported at all.

Did you import the options as well as the content?

Pamela

I checked the box about overwriting customizer settings. Then backup options, something does download at that point, is that what you are talking about?

After that, I select import options again and I get the three green checkmarks saying my site is good to go.

I see the wordsmith theme, but it does NOT look like the demo. I see no photos or even the subscribe box.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

when you imported the site – did you have any other plugins or custom functions installed ?

Pamela

No I deactivated all of my plugins. I am still having issues switching from Avery to Wordsmith.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am seeing this in the sites source code:

<!--Generated by Endurance Page Cache-->

Maybe you have a server level cache ? Can you check with your hosting – any server caches, CDNs or other other server level optimizers such as Redis will cause issues when importing a site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.