[Resolved] Switching from Floats to Flexbox

Home Forums Support Switching from Floats to Flexbox

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by David.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sharon

Just updated to Ver 3.0

1. For me, I need to visually see the difference between Floats to Flexbox can i get example? i am not a programmer so i need to see things clear to actually benefit from your updates.

2. if i will decide to to switch, i like to know where in the control panel i need to change it, so i will not open another support ticket.

Lilia

Dear Sharon,
    here is the link how you can activate flexbox

https://share.getcloudapp.com/NQurXqRL

Custumizer -> General -> Structure -> Change from Floats to Flexbox

Sharon

I didnt saw something visually changed on the video, in short, this should improve only website speed ?

Pascal

Hi

I don’t havce the flex option: Flex

I’m usint the V3 and cleared my browser cache: V2

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Sharon,

changing to Flex makes an improvement to performance.
    One change that may be noticeable is the site container width is now accurate.
    For example; in 2.4 a 1200px container with 40px of padding would display a 1280px wide container. in 3.0 it will display a 1200px wide container.

There should be no other noticeable changes unless there is custom code in place. For example some users used the grid-* classes built into the Floats version to create there own grids and columns. Changing to Flex removes those classes which would break those custom grids.

Hope that helps

Hi Pascal – You may find its just a Caching issue – clear any plugin/server/browser caches. If not can you raise a new topic and share a link to your site.

Sharon

Last question:

Does the improvement to performance make huge different? you recommend me to switch to Flex ?

SEO is the most important to me.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In comparison to the base 2.4 theme the improvement is noticeable.
    However those improvements maybe negligible if your site is loading a lot of other styles/scripts etc. eg. if using a Page Builder.

You can always switch back to Floats if there is a noticeable problem using Flex.

Pascal

Hi
    It’s a stagging website, and as I said I cleared my browser cache.
    There is no cachin plugin…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Pascal – did you update to 3.0 ? IF so can you try deleting the theme and re-installing it.

Pascal

Of course I did, and I first saif I did it 🙂

can you try deleting the theme and re-installing it.
    > Did, and no changes too.

Pascal

It works now: I update to the latest version of GP Premium…
    So we need GP Premium to make it works?
    Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes, GPP Premium needs to be up to date form that option to be displayed as both the Theme and Plugin require the Flex option to be available.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.