[Resolved] Switched to Local Fonts; Pingdom still shows Google Fonts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Switched to Local Fonts; Pingdom still shows Google Fonts

Home Forums Support Switched to Local Fonts; Pingdom still shows Google Fonts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Connor R

Hi there,

I followed the GeneratePress guide to switch to local fonts for two font families on my site (Montserrat and Lato). I also followed the guide to add PHP to completely remove Google fonts from GeneratePress.

However, when I am running a speed test at Pingdom, I am seeing 7 requests for fonts.gstatic.com and 2 requests for fonts.googleapis.com.

Any idea what might be causing this since it seems like I have done everything correctly in the guide?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Google ReCaptcha is making the requests for Roboto.
    Not sure if they offer a fix for that…

Montserrat – looks like some of the options in the Customizer are still selecting the Google Font.

You can try the snippet here to stop the theme from loading any google styles:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/remove-google-fonts/

Connor R

Hey David,

I have both of these snippets running, oddly. Is it possible that GenerateBlocks is still pulling Google Fonts?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am not seeing the Google request for Montserrat any more – maybe a left over in the cache?

Roboto is being called by Recaptcha which the theme has no control over. But any chrome browser / device will have that font installed so the request shouldn’t be required.

Connor R

Great, thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.