[Resolved] SVGs not displaying and/or getting cut off

Home Forums Support [Resolved] SVGs not displaying and/or getting cut off

Home Forums Support SVGs not displaying and/or getting cut off

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jason

Hello there! I hope you are doing well! Appreciate your plugin, and so far I’ve been a really big fan! Unfortunately hit a weird issue I’m hoping you can help with.

It started with an SVG image that was not showing up on the home page. It was actually showing and working, and then at some point stopped working. I tried other browsers to make sure it wasn’t caching. I deactivated all plugins, and the problem was gone. I reactivated only te GP Premium plugin, and the problem returned.

I copied the contents of the home page to another page, and it worked fine. So I changed that to the home page, and it broke again.

I added a few copies of the SVG in other places to see what would happen, and in one instance it gets inexplicably chopped at the bottom, and in other places it won’t show. Unfortunately there seems to be strange issues even on non-home pages sometimes too, just not in the same spots. It’s all very odd.

I disabled all my CSS and I even disabled ALL CSS with the inspector, but the issue persists. Really hoping you can help me out and shed some light on this.

On the example site, check the test page linked and the home page, and inspect to see the invisible or partially visible SVGs in each content section.

Can you help me please?

Thanks πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

GP or GP Premium really cannot cause issues like this.

Can you disable all plugins except GP Premium and switch to a parent theme to test?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Jason

Hi Leo,
    I already disabled all plugins except GP Premium. The issue is not present when GP Premium is disabled. Also, it happens with no child theme enabled.

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

GP Premium doesn’t do anything special to SVG files.

Can you deactivate each modules?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/installing-gp-premium/#activate-your-modules

Jason

Hey Leo,
    Sorry about that. Looks like you were right, it’s not related to GP.

I deactivated all the modules and the problem was still there. I again tried to disable GP Premium, the problem appeared to go away as it did before. However, the problem is weird and unpredictable and occurs differently in different spots…turns out, on other pages the problem is still there.

I enabled Twenty Twenty, and I’m still getting similar issues (but again, in different places!). This is a weird problem..

Anyway, guess I’ll do some more digging. Sorry for misdiagnosing this. Have a great day.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.