[Resolved] Suggestions to improve forum experience

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Suggestions to improve forum experience

Home Forums Support Suggestions to improve forum experience

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matthias

hi there,

i just looked a bit at the showcase – and as i liked what some people did there i have a suggestion for the settings in this forum.

It would be nice to be able to click on a user/profile and then see the topics/replies. As probably a lot of the things done on the showcase pages also has a topic in the forum this would make it possible to search for the way they did things by reading their posts.

Also – i don’t know if you created tags or categories – this is the first forum i ever saw with only the option to see topics ordered by last reply.
    I guess most topics are general – but if you use categories – this would also be nice to browse. I don’t know if its common – but i try to search for existing topics before i open my own thread.
    Maybe it is also possible to show “related forum posts” or similar under the documentation – if needed.

Lastly it currently only seems to be possible to contact via contact form, right? It would be nice to be able to send a personal mail via forum – if you need login data or a link to a website. This also could help with my first suggestion (as it would be possible to ask the other gp user how he did it). Then again i can understand that you might not want that – to avoid spam and people just mailing you instead to use the open forum where everyone can see the solutions.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback! Always appreciated.

We’ve created this forum to be more like a public ticketing system vs. a standard forum. Profiles are private for privacy reasons, and things like private messaging etc.. can be a real headache.

The idea here is to have a public ticketing service so we can all learn from each other while maintaining a certain level of privacy/anonymity.

Matthias

thx – i can understand that. Although it is not optimal to find solutions for problems that have been asked and solved before.
    Well if it is planned as a ticket system i get that 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.