[Support request] Suggestion: Set menu color for "Background Hover Current"

Home Forums Support [Support request] Suggestion: Set menu color for "Background Hover Current"

Home Forums Support Suggestion: Set menu color for "Background Hover Current"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brett

I’ve been able to get what I want using CSS but I think heaps of people would appreciate being able to set the background color on a menu item that is both HOVER and CURRENT using the Customize interface rather than having to resort to CSS.
    i.e. there is already a menu color customization setting for “Background Hover” and “Background Current”, but not for when both Hover and Current apply.
    Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

This is actually the first time its been requested.

Generally people use the same hover color whether it’s current menu item or not.

If we get more request on this we will definitely consider adding it as an option 🙂

Thanks for your suggestion as always!

Brett

You said: Generally people use the same hover color whether it’s current menu item or not.
    That’s exactly what I want, but I can’t do that without CSS. For a menu item that is selected the “Background Hover” color is ignored, the “Background Current” is ALWAYS used. I actually want the background hover color to take precedence over background current.

Possible solutions:
    1) make “Background Hover” override “Background Current”, rather than like it is now where “Background Current” overrides “Background Hover”.
    2) add a new customization for “Background Hover Current”. i.e. where current and hover both apply.
    3) add a checkbox that determines which of the two background colors takes precedence.

A problem with (1) though, is that you would be changing existing functionality that people are now expecting.

Looking through the forums there are other people who I suspect would want this functionality. See your own 2:48pm reply on the following thread:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/menue-error-ancor-page-versus-single-page/

Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh yeah I confused myself before 🙂

Will add this as a featured suggestion.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.