[Resolved] Suggestion for GP "Sections"

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Suggestion for GP "Sections"

Home Forums Support Suggestion for GP "Sections"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kyle

Tom et al, I love the light weight of GP Premium’s Sections. And I don’t mind using Lightweight Grid Columns to produce columns within a wysiwyg field. But I can see others responsible for creating or editing content griping about the prickliness of handling columns that way rather than as many of the page builders do.

That being the case, I (on your recommendation somewhere in these posts) just tried Elementor in order to test how it creates columns. I spent an hour with it before deciding that I didn’t like it at all. Way too much imposed upon your simple, clean approach.

All that to say, if your Sections would create up to 3 or 4 columns within the row, I think all rationale for an extra page builder (with all its attendant bloat) would be gone.

BTW, I removed Elementor and am back to the lightweight grid columns. All good. But I thought I’d pass on this suggestion for your consideration.

The site has a private URL, as I haven’t yet applied its permanent DNS change. I’m building it for a nonprofit client.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kyle,

Yes I agree ๐Ÿ™‚ Sections + Columns would eliminate the need for page builders for a lot of users.

Sections will be getting a major update once WordPress Gutenberg is done. Hopefully we will be able to achieve that then.

Thanks for the suggestion and stay tuned ๐Ÿ™‚

jeff

You might also want to include the capability to copy a “section”

jeff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.