[Support request] Sudden Mobile Usability Issues with GP

Home Forums Support [Support request] Sudden Mobile Usability Issues with GP

Home Forums Support Sudden Mobile Usability Issues with GP

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK so the cached file is still there. So something else is messing with that.
    Keep those plugins disabled and can you get your host to clear all caches especially the Page Caching if they are using it.

Jane

Bluehost has just cleared all caches. (They say there was no page caching on the server.) BTW could this have anything to do with Google Adsense code being inadvertently left on the site? Reason I ask is a while back I made an aborted attempt to sign up and I know when I left they said to remove all adsense code from the site but I didn’t know how to do that.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Well that solved it. The Cached CSS file is no longer there. I just ran a mobile friendly test and it passed.

You can try re-enabling those plugins if you want.
    I would suggest doing one at a time – as one may be the problem.

Jane

Thanks so much for persisting, David. Finally getting somewhere. However, do you see it how it passes the mobile friendly test now but has “page loading issues”? These didn’t exist before. Any idea how to resolve?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The two issues i see is the robots.txt file is blocking the google ads – which is a good thing as you don’t want those being crawled by google.

Jane

So that’s weird because I don’t have any Google Ads on my site. Is this related to not removing the Adsense code from the site .. probably outside your ambit.. but how in the heck do I remove the Google Adsense code when I never physically installed it — sitekit did it automatically.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm… i am not sure – if Site Kit was only way Ads were added i would have expected it would delete the code snippets it added to your site upon its removal.

Is Site Kit still installed ?

Jane

Site kit is installed now but I’m pretty sure I deinstalled it after I left Google Adsense, and reinstalled it, in hopes of doing just what you say i.e. having it remove the Adsense code. BTW I have just added back each of those plugins one by one and we’re still mobile friendly! Is that extraneous CSS code still gone?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Might be worth reaching out to Google support maybe one of the community has some insight on removing legacy ads.

Glad to hear that

Jane

Thanks heaps. So, what actually caused the problem you solved for me there with the caching?

Jane

Also, just one other thing — so sorry to keep bothering you — but the other site, the bdd.com seems to be vacillating between testing mobile friendly but then a little later is no longer mobile friendly. Before I lose you off this thread, would you mind checking whether you see any Cached CSS file lingering on that site?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am not sure what caused it, maybe an old plugin or something, but some of the sites CSS had been moved to an inline element in the <head> of the site. And whether it be your cache plugins or the server cache this inline style got stuck.

I ran a test on your site and there was no issues reported. And it does not have the same cached CSS issue as the other site.
    Be careful not to continuously test the site, Google sets a limit on the resources it will apply to testing/crawwling sites – and you may just be seeing a false negative when Google is busy and doesn’t have enough resources to test yours site correctly.

Jane

Roger that. Did not know that re false negatives, thank you! And thanks so much David for being so damn awesome. Makes a world of difference to have you guys there to help in such detail, and until the problem is actually resolved. Enormously appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we can be of help!

Jane

Oh dear David, I spoke too soon. The mobile usability issue is back on shd.com.. would you possibly be able to take another look and see if you’re seeing that same problem with the cached CSS file? At the moment I’ve only deactivated one of the two suspect plugins from last time.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.