[Support request] Sudden Mobile Usability Issues with GP

Home Forums Support [Support request] Sudden Mobile Usability Issues with GP

Home Forums Support Sudden Mobile Usability Issues with GP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Jane

I have two sites that have been fine for months and now all of a sudden I have Mobile Usability errors detected by Google: text to small to read, clickable elements too close together, content wider than the screen.

Google is right, it’s a genuine error, as the sites are testing not mobile friendly. But they were fine before and I haven’t made any design changes on either site.. and I’m not particularly technical… so at a loss as to what has caused this and desperate to get it fixed before Google penalizes the sites.

Please help!

Thank you so much in advance ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Does the issue persist if you deactivate your current caching plugin?

Let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

Jane

Hi Tom
    Thanks so much for being there.
    I’ve just deactivated W3 Total Cache on both sites and rerun the Mobile Friendly Test but still getting the same results.
    J

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

I’ve checked your sites and they still seem to be used the cached css files. (wnw-cache)

Have you re-enabled the plugin again? Perhaps purging all cache can solve this issue.

Jane

Hi Elvin
    Thanks so much for helping!
    I have “purged all” from the cache inside the WP dashboard. I’ve also gotten Bluehost to clear the cache for both sites from the server side. Is there anywhere else I need to do this? I am not technical so I may not be understanding something right. The W3 Total Cache plugins are still deactivated on both sites. Do I need to reactivate the plugins?
    J

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Your site still is using a cached version of your CSS.

Scanned through the codes of your webpage and there seems to be another caching plugin in play here.

Can you check your plugins if you have a plugin called “Endurance Page Cache” installed? this seems to come pre-installed w/ Bluehost.

Can you try purging all cache from that as well? or perhaps deactivate it completely?

Thanks.

Jane

I don’t have the Endurance Page Cache plugin.

On the shd site I have:

301 redirects
    category tag pages
    code snippets
    easy table of contents
    GP premium
    Hello Bar for WordPress
    Hide featured image
    menu image
    post type switcher
    quiz and survey master
    scheme and structured data for WP & AMP
    Schema App Structured Data
    Shared Counts
    Simple CSS
    Site Kite By Google
    Smush Pro
    updraftplus – backup/restore
    WP file manage
    WP Show posts
    WPMU DEV Dashboard
    WPSpeedup
    Yoast SEO

Any of these likely to be the culprit?

I’ll get you a list of the plugins on the bdd site too.

Jane

The bdd site has:

GP premium
    Schema and structured data for WP & AMP
    Site Kite by Google
    Smush Pro
    UpdraftPlus
    W3 Total Cache
    WP File manager
    WP show posts
    WP forms lite
    WPMU DEV Dashboard
    WpSpeedup
    Yoast

Jane

UPDATE I *think* I just fixed the problem on the bdd site by deactivating WpSpeedup plugin, but I also deactivated WpSpeedup on the other site, shd.com and it has NOT fixed the issue there…

Jane

Also: the problem is I need the WpSpeedup plugin as now my page speeds on the bdd site have gone woefully slow without it… plus the issue remains that deactivating WpSpeedup has not solved the issue on the shd.com site.

Jane

Any ideas what is causing the Mobile Usability error on the shd.com site?

I have gone through deactivating all plugins and cannot restore the mobile friendliness the site previously had.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am still seeing a cached CSS file on the SHD the site.
    Do you have any caching on your server ? If so can you try clearing that – then let us know.

Jane

David thanks so much. I have just had Bluehost clear the cache on the server again but it’s not fixed the issue. Currently the W3 Total Cache and Wpspeedup by Automattic plugins are both active, though I’ve earlier tried deactivating both and it didn’t fix the mobile friendliness. Are you still seeing a cached CSS file? Would it help if I gave you logins? Or how do I find and remove the cached CSS file?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes – i can still see the cached CSS.
    Can you disable the W3 total cache and wpspeedup – and let us know so i can see if the cached file is removed.

Jane

Both of those plugins deactivated now, David.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.