[Support request] Submenus Point to Wrong Pages

Home Forums Support [Support request] Submenus Point to Wrong Pages

Home Forums Support Submenus Point to Wrong Pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Linda

Hi Support,

Sorry to bug you on Christmas Eve day, but after over an hour, I’m pulling my hair out!

I’ve set up sub-menus with ease before. Today, on our staging site, I’m trying to change a one menu item (Coaching) to a menue with 2 sub-menus: SALES CHALLENGE Coaching and Coaching Clinic.

Here’s what I did:
    1. Went to Customizer – Menus – Main Menu
    2. On left panel, clicked Add Item
    3. On right column, clicked Add Page
    4. Added names of 2 new pages matching their slugs
    5. Re-ordered additions so they were sub-menus under Coaching tab
    6. Get Page Not Found error for both
    7. Discovered in Admin panel – Pages that I had duplicate pages with different slugs; trashed them, cleared cached and tried again with same result.

What am I doing wrong? Why are the sub-menus not connecting to the new pages? They are listed in Pages in Admin and now there are not duplicates.

Hope you can direct me here.

Thanks for any help or suggestions … and Merry Christmas, too!

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I’m not seeing any submenu items under Coaching.

Can you confirm?

Linda

Thanks for replying so quickly, Leo. Sorry, I somehow missed the email that you’d got back to me Christmas Eve day!

Not sure why you aren’t seeing them. Just checked stage site (http://stage.mygoforthegreen.com) and they are both there under the Coaching tab. Could you please try again. Both sub-menus are opening the blank pages with just the title on each.

Thanks,

Linda

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Linda,

Base on what I see here, I assume you have 2 sales-challenge-coaching pages and 2 coaching-clinic pages in your site.

You just need to delete the pages with slug sales-challenge-coaching-2 and coaching-clinic-2, then re-add the 2 pages back to menu.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Linda

Hi Ying,

Thank you for your response. Weird: I had seen and trashed those 2 extra pages last time, but for some reason they came back again. When I checked just now, you were right: they were there. I trashed them again, added the pages in Customizer->Menu->Main Menu->Add Item … and it worked perfectly.

Not sure what tech gremlin messed me up earlier, but all is well now. πŸ™‚

Thanks and Happy New Year,

Linda

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad it worked πŸ™‚
    Happy New Year to yourself too!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.