[Support request] Submenu item kept visible

Home Forums Support [Support request] Submenu item kept visible

Home Forums Support Submenu item kept visible

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Clemens

Thx Tom, that helps.

Leo told me in his reply that I should ask you both whenever I would have problems with css-coding. But I am really a little bit shy to do so because my lack of knowledge of css is absolutely not your problem and your help goes far beyond granting the functionality of the theme. At the age of 63, I feel a little bit to old to learn it quite well.

Nevertheless, a problem concerning smaller screens (tablet / smartphone) occured: Within the customizer preview of my laptop all is fine when I change the screen-size. But yesterday, I realized that on my smartphone, the navigation doesn’t work at all. Clicking the buttons of a menu has no effects.

Perhaps a browser problem? On my smartphone, I use safari.

Thx a lot,
    Clemens

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange, what about if you use Chrome on your phone? Same issue?

Clemens

Don’t know. I can’t verify this because the OS of my Iphone is a little bit older and cannot be upgraded to the version necessary for other OS. So sorry.

But I just have another question concerning the actif item of the menu. If a visitor comes to the website by an external link (f.ex. google search result) it would be nice that the tab of the page would also be shown as the active one. Actually, no navigation item is visible as the active one. So the orientation “Where I am exactly?” is a little bit restraint.

Second: Its really great that you helpes me to show the submenu items as long as a visitor is on one of those pages. It would be fine I the paragraph after the submeu would space down for exactly the same high of that of the submenu so that the relationship between the paragraphs remains equal.

Thanks,
    Clemene

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you set the current background color to something different in “Customize > Colors > Primary Navigation”? That way you can easily highlight the current page in the menu.

I’m not too sure what you mean by your second question – can you explain a bit more?

Clemens

Hi, Tom,
    thanks for your answers.
    (1) Small screens: I tried it out on Safari, Edge, firefox and Chrome. Only with Crome, it works fine. In the other browsers the menus don’t work.
    (2) It seems that this was a temporary problem. Now it works.
    (3) If the submenu is opened, the free space before the page-title becomes smaller. I would like this space between the opened submenu and the page-title to be as large as it is without the submenu. So the spacing should depend on the condition opened/closed submenu. Hope I am clear enough.

Thx, Clemens

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. I tried all of those browsers on small screens, and Chrome/Firefox on my phone. Didn’t notice any issues at all. Any chance you can make me a video of the issue?

3. If you can make a video above, it would be great to see this as well. I’m not able to find any spacing issues when opening and closing either menu.

Loom is a good free service for recording your screen.

Clemens

(2) I think I didn’t explain clearly enough. There is no fault in the theme. I simply do not know how I could assign the desired spaces to the Menu resp. page-title:
    If we assume that the space between the main menu and the page title is 60 px, then this pace gets smaller when the submenu is opened. If f.ex. the submenu has a hight of 15 px, the space between the opened submenu and the page title is (60px-15px) 45 px. How could I arrange that the space remains 60 px (from the end of the submenu opend to the beginning of the page title?

Thx,
    Clemens

Concerning the video: I don’t see any possibility here to send you an attachment. Wrong?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

From what I remember, the spacing was the same whether the menu was opened or closed. I just went to check but your site has a maintenance mode plugin added.

For the video, Loom will just give you a link once you’re done which you can share with me.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.