[Support request] Submenu does not disappear when clicking on another Parent menu item ( IPad )

Home Forums Support Submenu does not disappear when clicking on another Parent menu item ( IPad )

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 months ago by Marcus.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marcus

Hi there,
    i am using GP Theme 2.4.0 and GP Premium 1.8.3. on my staging site. I have noticed that the sub menu does not close when I click another parent menu on iPad. All Submenus remain open. I use Hover on Navigation Dropdown.

Is it related to the hover problem on touch / Ios devices or is there another reason and solution? It works very well on desktop. I don’t use Autopimize or any other caching plugin at the moment.

Thank you for your help.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Are you referring to the menu items in the toggle mode?

The submenu isn’t supposed to collapse when another submenu is opened. It will only close if you click the up arrow to close it.

Looks like you have quite a few menu items so I would highly recommend using the off-canvas option if you haven’t found it yet.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Marcus

Hi,

Well in the course of development the number of menu entries will decrease dramatically but thanks for this hint with off-canvas option…

Yes, I am referring to the toggle mode as you call it. I am surprised the submenu isn’t supposed to collapse when another submenu is opened, it usually does on almost any other themes I use, even on Ios. Is there a way to to provide this functionality?

Unfortunately also it doesn’t close when I click on the arrow on my iPad.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you only experiencing this on iPad, or on mobile as well?

Marcus

Hi Tom, I am experiencing this behavior only with GP Theme Hover Menu on iPad in landscape mode before it collapses to mobile menu AND on mobile as well!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll take a look at this and will get back to you 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This indeed seems like an issue. Unfortunately there isn’t an easy fix, but it’s something I’ll get fixed in 2.5.0.

Will update you once it’s implemented 🙂

Thanks!

Marcus

Thanks Tom! I am looking forward to news.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.