[Resolved] submenu does not close on parent second click (moble)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] submenu does not close on parent second click (moble)

Home Forums Support submenu does not close on parent second click (moble)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chris

Hi, I am a first year application development student doing a 5 week work term for a client. Over all I have had good luck working with your template, but I am running into a problem when it comes to submenus on mobile. This is my first time using any CMS as a heads up.

So the problem is that, when on mobile, if you click the menu then click a submenu parent item. The second time you click the parent it does not close the submenu. The submenu also stays open when scrolling the page unless you click the close button. My client would rather it close if nothing is selected. Also when clicking the parent the menu “snaps” open with no animation like the rest of the menu.

Any help would be welcome.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

Here’s how it’s supposed to work:

1. You click the Menu bar, and it opens the menu items
    2. When you click on a menu item, it navigates to that page – the mobile menu bar is now closed by default, as the page has reloaded.

Are you saying when you click on a menu item inside the mobile menu, the page loads, but the menu stays open?

Do you have a link to your site so I can make sure everything is working as it should?

Thanks! πŸ™‚

Chris

http://jcmechanicalcontractors.com/wordpress/

so for example, the projects menu item, if you click it you are shown the submenu items under it. if you click on projects again with the submenu items showing it does not close. the only way to close it is to close the entire menu or switch pages

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ahh you’re using the legacy mobile menu plugin.

At this time, that mobile menu works so if you tap the parent item once, it will open, if you tap it again, it will go to the URL set for the parent item.

In your case, there’s no URL set for the parent item.

I’ll have to look and see if there’s a way I can detect if # is the URL of the parent item – if so, close the sub menu on second click.

The core mobile menu allows you to top the dropdown arrow to open and close the sub-menu – might be better for you as of right now?

Will look into this πŸ™‚

Chris

Ya, I had it set like that before but when asking a few people to test the site most came back and thought that behaviour was a bug. Most where expecting to tap the “projects” item and the menu re-track again. A few didn’t figure out how to close it in the end.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This might prove difficult.

I’ll take a better look at the plugin tomorrow to see what I can do πŸ™‚

chris

hey =]

just checking to see if theres any update on this. thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Haven’t had time to take a proper look yet – sorry!

I should have some time to look into this once I get the GP Premium update released.

Thanks!

chris

oh not a problem at all. =]

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.