[Support request] Styling a category archives view

Home Forums Support Styling a category archives view

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 months ago by Tom.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jon

I’ve been trying so many different things today. I tried Elementor, Elementor Pro, a bunch of different plugins, and finally resorting to a simple custom archive view.

I’m really stuck though.

I’m trying to replicate a view look like, https://www.buzzfeed.com/shopping for one of my categories.

Any suggestions how I would approach laying out my content in such a way for a specific category?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know 🙂

Jon

It’s been updated

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What exactly are you trying to achieve from that layout? The featured post with the columns below? The sidebar?

Let me know 🙂

Jon

Hey Tom,

Looking to achieve the specific style of ..

sub-categories of the archive in view, as links above, All, Beauty, Deals, Home, etc.

first post, large image with title and except

below, left image, title, description, author, minutes ago

with right sidebar (nothing specific)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It will likely take some custom CSS.

To start, set up your blog to have a featured post in Customize > Layout > Blog.

Then set the featured image to align left.

Once you do that, feel free to link me to the page and I’ll help with some of the CSS 🙂

Jon

Hi Tom,

As this is our production site, I can’t make those changes live until I have the definitive layout done. I have a working copy locally on my machine of this site.

Is there any way to provide some guidance based on what is already in production so I can work on it locally?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Jon,

Is it possible to set up a quick staging server? It will make it much easier to bust out the necessary CSS if I’m able to see your exact setup – much less guessing.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.