[Resolved] Styles, not getting applied to header & footer 404 page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Styles, not getting applied to header & footer 404 page

Home Forums Support Styles, not getting applied to header & footer 404 page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dominique

Hi,

Styles, margin, padding & font size are not getting applied to header & footer 404 page on all viewport sizes mobile, tablet & desktop.

Please advise

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Dominique

Hi,

Thought I put it in there.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Just viewed a 404 page and it seems work for me?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/Ekzaaixkni

Dominique

As an example in mobile the two buttons overlap on the border so bottom padding or margin is lost. Also the copyright at bottom of page is not the same size. The text size of wigers of footer is not the same…

At all breakpoints there is no font size, padding & margin. Basically it’s not the same.

Open two browser windows and compare.

Dominique

It’s like the game that was in newspapers that you had to find the differences between two images. Used to be in my local paper “La Presse” before they went paperless.

Three screenshots at the three breakpoints mobile, tablet & desktop. Spot the differences…

Mobile screenshot

Tablet screenshot

Desktop screenshot

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you clear and disable the caching plugins first?

Where are you adding the CSS?

Please keep in mind that the purpose of this support forum is to help with questions that are directly related to the GP.

If you’ve added some custom CSS that has some issues, you might have to spend some time removing them one by one and try to identify the issue that way.

Dominique

Hi,

CSS is being added in Additional CSS all other padding, margin typography is taken care of by GeneratePress premium typography & spacing. When no option is available it’s done in Additional CSS.

I deactivated WP Rocket. The grid & page layout that was built using GenerateBlocks fell apart the pages were are all screwed up. Also, other display issues.

Troubleshooted. Deactivate almost all plugins still the same. Deactivated Varnish on server. Everything went back to normal.

Varnish cache gets purged every time I update a page or flush the cache of WP Rocket

Are there any known issues with using NGINX / Varnish & GeneratePress?

Please advise

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are there any known issues with using NGINX / Varnish & GeneratePress?

Nothing we are aware of πŸ™‚

Dominique

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Styles, not getting applied to header & footer 404 page’ is closed to new replies.