[Support request] Styles not applying to buttons

Home Forums Support [Support request] Styles not applying to buttons

Home Forums Support Styles not applying to buttons

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Communication

Hi,
    We have some issues with the buttons style :
    We selected a template we liked, and we’ve been copy-pasting the buttons so we keep the same style each time.

Sometimes, the style applied to our button disappear and we only have a normal link (“My Link >”) instead of a proper button.
    And strange thing is that it still appears ok in the edit mode or when an admin is logged in, but for others visitors or in private nav, it appears without style.

We’ve tried to clear caches of the page and the all website multiples times. Didn’t work, still the same.
    We tried to add news buttons or copy-paste other, all new things appears without style.

The only fix working (but not ideal) we found is to apply a custom code with the class of another previous button… But it’s not totally working, we can’t find how to align center for exemple, even though the previous one is centered.

Can you help ?
    Thank you !

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The button has some incorrect CSS classes, for example, the gb-buttonclasses should not exist with thegb-buttons-wrap element, it messes up with the CSS.

How did you add this button?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/GKu7GBJ67z0F

everything newly created on this page (containers, buttons, text,…) has no styles, no css at all and we can’t make it work.

Can you add something new so I can see the issue?

Communication

Hi Ying,

Thanks for the correction, we’ve copied the css class of the previous button so it appear correctly (in the “Advanced > additional css classes”). I’ve deleted the “gb-button” class.

For the button, I added it by duplicating the first block. It didn’t work so I copied the previous button and paste in the editor. Still had issues (but used to work before).

I’ve duplicated 2 new containers with text and button so you can see :
    The first one “Une nouvelle ressource bientôt !” is duplicated from the boxed container just before. Duplication used to work and not mess things like this.
    The second one later on the page is fully created in the editor (not a copy), and even the container doesn’t apply to it.

(And again : It’s working fine and appears as it should when in the editor or by viewing the page when logged in. But doesn’t work at all for visitors or in private nav)

It’s starting also to do the same problem on others pages, with button losing their classes and newly created stuff with no css applied.

Update : It seems that the problem is coming from the plugin “WPFastest Cache”. We cleared the cache multiple times but didn’t help. Now we tried deactivate it and all problems are solved !
    Do you know which cache plugin GP-friendly is recommended ?

Thank you for your help !

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

It seems that the problem is coming from the plugin “WPFastest Cache”. We cleared the cache multiple times but didn’t help. Now we tried deactivate it and all problems are solved !
    Do you know which cache plugin GP-friendly is recommended ?

Glad you found where the issue was coming from.

I know some cache plugins don’t like external CSS files, can you try use Inline Embedding for the CSS Print Method in Settings > GenerateBlocks?

For cache plugin, we are using Autoptimize. Here’s a documentation about how to configure the cache plugin:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/configuring-autoptimize/

Let me know if you need further assistance 🙂

Communication

Thanks Ying for your help !
    We did as you said, with the inline embedding + Autoptimize and its recommended configuration.
    We also added a cache plugin (WP Super Cache).

We’ll let you know if you encounter another issue !
    Thanks a lot !

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome!

Keep us updated 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.