[Resolved] Stuck on updating

Home Forums Support Stuck on updating

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hi,

When I am in Edit mode from the selected page and try to Update I get stuck on “updating” and no change is made.

Also, when I am in View mode, I do not see the options to edit, customise etc.

Thanks,

Mike

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Let me know 🙂

Mike

OK, tried deactivating all the other plugins including GenerateKlocks and no difference?

Also, in edit mode i do not see the images in Main Blog Page or the one blog Post I started on.

Is there any other way of saving as I am nearly finished?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds like you are having some sort of WordPress issue as the theme doesn’t actually control the editor.

Can you activate a twenty series WP theme temporarily to test if the same issue exists there?

Mike

Hi, check out abccomputersolutions.co.uk/2020/ which was an old test of GP.

I changed it to the Service site, and I was able to edit images and text – see Home page and Blog post.

So obviously something within the abccomputersolutions.co.uk/wp/ is corrupted.

Is there a quick way of exporting everything from abc,,,,/wp/ to a fresh installation of WordPress? This is probably the quickest resolution.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Maybe a plugin like this would help?
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would still recommend checking with your hosting support first to see if they can identify the issue.

Mike

Thanks for the link to Duplicator, that looks perfect.

Not sure if it’s a WP or GP issue, it doesn’t really matter. If I am the only person that has ever had this problem, I wouldn’t worry about it.

I will close this once everything is moved over.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Mike

All sorted, Marty’s and Sven’s videos were ok on duplicator, but Marty’s short on detail on setting up MySQL database and Sven’s database method kept failing. Using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YDQ3Ey_2wY worked immediately.

Anyway, everything moved to abc……/wp3/ now.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.