[Resolved] Struggling getting full image heights on header element

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Struggling getting full image heights on header element

Home Forums Support Struggling getting full image heights on header element

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ch1800

Hi folks,

I always have issues fine tuning image sizes for headers..
    This time, I’m not getting the bottom of the images for those header elements for each page like this one.

I have set 20% 20px 20% 20px and tested other variations but nothing gets the full height of the images, which are all 1280x800px

The top is OK but there is always something like 10% missing at bottom.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

when a merged header element is set to display Full Height – the image will always fill the browser viewport. So unless your images aspect ratio is the same as your browser window it will always cut off part of the image.

You can set the background position in the header element to center bottom if you want the bottom of the image to remain in view.

ch1800

Thanks David,

In fact I wanted to try this and center bottom but I only get the 3 “top” positions available and all others are grayed: https://ibb.co/yqS41PL

ch1800

OK, now I see that this was due because of the Parallax option that was enabled.
    Without this option, I’m now able to position at bottom.
    Does that mean that with parallax it’s not really possible to position those images at bottom?

(sorry this dev server is experiencing some issues right now)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does that mean that with parallax it’s not really possible to position those images at bottom?

Exactly. Parallax moves the image down as you scroll ao it has to start from the top.

ch1800

Thanks guys, all clear.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.