[Resolved] Structured Data Errors In Webmaster Tools

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Structured Data Errors In Webmaster Tools

Home Forums Support Structured Data Errors In Webmaster Tools

• This topic has 8 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Rich White.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steven

Hi Tom,

My site is now showing a lot of structured data errors in Webmaster Tools since switching to GeneratePress.

My posts are now showing “Missing: updated” with a WPFooter warning “Node is empty. Double check that this is desired and consider removing.” a WebPage error “Blog is not a known valid target type for the mainContentOfPage property.” and a hatom warning “Node is empty. Double check that this is desired and consider removing.”

My pages are now showing “Missing: updated” and “Missing: author” with a WPFooter warning “Node is empty. Double check that this is desired and consider removing.”

Any idea what is causing these errors in Webmaster tools?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Steven:

The “Missing: Updated” and “Missing: author” warnings will show when you’re viewing a page, as pages generally don’t have these tags – blog posts do.

“Blog is not a known valid target type for the mainContentOfPage property” – this is an interesting one I’ll have to look in to – from what I can see, most major WP themes are using this same structure, so I’ll have to see why it’s throwing an error.

The “Node” is empty warnings don’t mean much – it means there’s no child schema elements inside that parent – you won’t be penalized for something like that at all.

Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Bart Pluijms

I am having the same error for “Blog is not a known valid target type for the mainContentOfPage property.” on a site.

I’ve also the following error for the search result page which is probably related:
    “SearchResultsPage is not a known valid target type for the mainContentOfPage property.”

I hope you can find a solution for this.

Best regards,
    Bart

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looking into this ๐Ÿ™‚

As they are now won’t harm your SEO at all, so don’t worry – but I will find the correct tags for those elements.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This has been resolved in 1.2.9.

jatibagus Furntirure mebel jepara

I also experienced the same thing “Node is empty. Double check that this is desired and Consider removing. “Before giving up a warning in google webmaster tools

error
    Missing: author
    Missing: entry-title
    Missing: updated

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Usually you only see those tags (author, updated) in blog posts, not static pages.

However, there should definitely be an entry-title – can you link me to the page?

jatibagus Furntirure mebel jepara

thanks Sir

Rich White

I read elsewhere that the tool is most definitely returning a false warning and that Google is aware of the issue and taking steps to resolve.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.