[Resolved] Strange problem with an ad in element on archive page! (Footer in the middle)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Strange problem with an ad in element on archive page! (Footer in the middle)

Home Forums Support Strange problem with an ad in element on archive page! (Footer in the middle)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I tried some options with the mutation observer and couldn’t get a reliable solution.
    So i have asked Tom to take a look, see if he has any ideas.

Dieter

Thanks David for your effort!

It is not so bad for me now, since it works without masonry and since I now know that the error is triggered by Adsense. Also I have learned a little bit about the mutation observer πŸ™‚

I am rather shocked what Google does so easily, since in some scenarios errors are pre-programmed.

I think it’s good that you asked Tom. Maybe he has an idea. If there is no solution for it, it is also OK.

Thanks again for your effort. I really appreciate it!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s kind of unbelievable, or maybe it is believable that Google would do this.

I’m not sure of a workaround, unfortunately… I can’t even really see a pattern that they’re using (like targeting the root level elements).

The best thing to do would be to experiment with Adsense and see why it’s adding those inline styles. It might be that you need to tweak a setting or change the ad type.

Dieter

Thanks @Tom for looking in.

I found the following on the Adsense page, there it becomes clearer: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/9467650?hl=en
    So you are correct that if there are problems the display code needs to be adjusted.

Thank you, especially @David and I will mark the ticket as resolved. Maybe this thread will help others.

Keep your good work and btw, best Support ever πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! Really appreciate that πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.