[Resolved] Strange occurrences – sticky menu and sidebar removal

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Strange occurrences – sticky menu and sidebar removal

Home Forums Support Strange occurrences – sticky menu and sidebar removal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So this has been a strange day. After making some ‘test’ amends to the site including Placeholder Text in Navigation Search and the removal of the Side bar from woocommmerce the site was reverted to pre amends ie. remove Snippets for Nav Search and Woo sidebar removal.

The outcome was:

1. Sticky Navigation – whilst active although the menus still display no child menu shows when hovered over on desktop, and nothing occurs on mobile.
    2. Sidebars – even with the woo sidebar removal snippet removed and deleted, the original woo sidebar does not return.

I dont have any cache plugins and i have cleared the server opcache as well as the desktop cache and this has made no difference. Hoping a good nights sleep may help!

Site is the usual site guy’s. Any help appreciated.

David

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Can you link me to your site?

2. Have you tried using the WooCommerce sidebar settings in the new WooCommerce add-on?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tom,

link sent by email. Sidebars fixed – conflict with custom sidebar areas, removed that and it now works.
    Nav still being temperamental

thanks

David

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Mobile seems to be working fine: https://www.screencast.com/t/KmA53n2T9

As well as the dropdown menu: https://www.screencast.com/t/R1060A5x7

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tom

well this is one of the weirdest things yet to happen. Test this on several devices inc. windoze and another iOS device and the results are positive. However on my local machine Mac OSX Sierra and my iPhone 7 (which shares the same account) i am getting the issue where the sticky menu isnt working correctly. I am bamboozled (a word i never thought i would be typing).

Headscratching to continue…….

David

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Bought you a coffee for wasting your time! Thanks for the support as usual.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tom,

i managed to fix the issue on the mac – not sure how, but i am still having issues on mobile devices both iOS and Android, the issue also presents itself on the customiser. Only when the menu is in sticky mode. Can you have another nose to see if there is something amiss in the code? I can provide a user login if you need. Sorry to be a pain…….. i am starting to look like my anonymous avatar image ie. no hair left!

thanks

David

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What browser are you using the the problem machine?

Thanks for the coffee! ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tom

issue resolved on Mac Safari (no problem on Chrome or IE).
    iOS Safari and Android Chrome are both experiencing the problem on mobile

David

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, not noticing anything off using Safari on Sierra..

One thing to check is if any of your other plugins are causing issues. Try deactivating them and see if the issue resolves on your end.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tom

well a good nights sleep and i got my resolve back. Sorry to throw this at you yesterday! The issue was only occurring on the mobile devices, the desktop issue was unexplainable and was resolved after i dumped local and server caches and done a clean sweep (Safari can be very annoying at holding onto caches it thinks are important to you and i think it was tied up in a SSL cache that auto reinstalled but I cant be sure).

So the issue on mobile was related to my Header and Primary navigation settings – i have attached images of the settings i was using below.

The problem arises when the logo is the same file (a .png in this case) in both the Mobile Header Logo and Navigation Logo. If i use different image files then the problem goes away.

This may be an isolated instance, maybe it says somewhere or most people know not to use the same files here! but thought it might be worth sharing in case it isn’t. Hope you enjoyed the coffee. And thanks for the excellent support as always.

Primary Nav Settings

Header Settings

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s strange – I use the same files in all of my testing actually.

So when you uploaded the same image with a different file name, it worked?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

To be honest Tom i am not sure what the hell its doing! lol
    Scrap that with the same logo – when the mobile header logo is enabled and its small enough to occupy the same row as the burger menu it doest work – tried a few different images and all the same. If the logo is larger and forces the burger to the next row then its all fine and dandy!

Mobile header is off for now / or without logo attached. And it all works o.k. except i have the desktop header on the mobile which although wasn’t wanted is kind of growing on me.

I think this is one of those cases (that i usually seem to generate) that doesn’t have a resolution.

I am happy to send you the menu plus and header settings if you want to try and replicate the issue but i would advise against =)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you’d like to replicate the issue on your site again and let me know I’ll be happy to take a look ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks Tom, much appreciated. Although i can work around it – would be nice to know whats causing the problem.
    I’ll replicate the issue now. Remember it only affects mobile when sticky. It does also show up on the customiser when in mobile responsive mode.

regards

David

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.