[Support request] Strange Hidden Section at 1024px Wide

Home Forums Support [Support request] Strange Hidden Section at 1024px Wide

Home Forums Support Strange Hidden Section at 1024px Wide

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hello,

Encountered a strange problem today that had me head scratching for a few minutes!

I have a homepage section with the ID of Promo, for some reason at 1024 pixels wide and below until mobile this element would not display correctly, e.g the grid columns within it would display fine, however the main section div would only be 90px height or so, this meant that the divs below it would get crushed behind the grid columns.

Strangely enough, after a few minutes of inspecting CSS I found that the lgc-clear element was hiding itself at the 1024px wide point using display: none; after writing some CSS changing it to display: block; it worked no problem.

I have also noticed the visibility property is set as hidden, I have not changed this as it is having no impact on my page layout.

I am setting custom widths on the LGC columns in CSS, I suspect this may have something to do with it!

I have tried to commment my CSS as best I can, however with over 1000 lines (including spaces!) it has got a bit spaghetti!

P.S, Tom, check your emails again! πŸ˜‰

Thanks,
    Mike

GeneratePress 2.1.3
    GP Premium 1.7.1
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Mike,

This is a known issue right now – Lightweight Grid Columns need an update badly. It’s on my (very long) to-do list πŸ™‚

Instead of adding any CSS, you can add this after your columns, at the very end of the Section:

<div class="clearfix"></div>

Will get back to you re: your email ASAP.

Mike

Hi Tom,

I have added that HTML into the Promo section and it works a treat!

I am amazed you knew what the problem was from my rarther cryptic explanation!

Thanks,
    Mike

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Haha glad I could help! πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.