[Resolved] strange behaviour when using child theme, on slideout site template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] strange behaviour when using child theme, on slideout site template

Home Forums Support strange behaviour when using child theme, on slideout site template

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Thomas

Hello all,

I have a clean empty site, and I imported style and content from the ‘slideout’ demo.

Website looks as intended: site_looking_ok

Now, first thing I do – before anything – is to install and activate a child theme.

I use the simple child theme provided here.

Now, strange thing is whenever the child theme is activated, I see a subtle change in the site:

site theme not ok - with child theme activated

the header, including menu, are no longer ‘on the side’ – but instead appear on top.

I ‘ve added no code into child theme’s css or php files. Cleared caches etc .. But problem remains and persists, i.e. de-activating child theme makes it look like intended again and vice-versa..

I guess it must be something really simple that I missed – I searched the forum but could not find an answer..

Would appreciate any help.

Thomas

I think I found it .. It seems I have to import content after having created and activated the child theme .. Then site looks exactly as intended..

Sorry for the misunderstanding .. ๐Ÿ™‚

I mark it as solved.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you’ve figured out ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.