[Resolved] Stop automatically choosing / replacing featured images

Home Forums Support Stop automatically choosing / replacing featured images

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jhmattern

Hi. I’m not sure if this is a GP issue or something with WP in general, but I’m having a problem with featured images.

I’m trying to set a featured image that’s different than the actual in-post images (where I’ll only use the featured images on archive pages).

But every time I manually set a featured image and save the post, the image changes to use the first in-post image as the featured image instead.

Any idea if there’s an easy way around this? Maybe a setting I’m not seeing? Or is this likely a bigger compatibility issue with a plugin or something?

I don’t have featured images set to display anywhere in my GP settings yet because I need to add more of them with our new branded designs. But here’s an example post where I’m seeing this:

https://allfreelancewriting.com/coronavirus-pandemic/

The tall image is the first in-post image. But I don’t want that set as my featured image for archive pages. I’m setting our Twitter post graphic manually as the featured image instead. This one: https://allfreelancewriting.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Freelance-Writing-Coronavirus-Twitter.png

But when I set the horizontal image as the featured image and save the post, it automatically changes my featured image to the vertical one inside the post itself.

Here’s a short screencast of the behavior I’m seeing on the backend.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s definitely not the default behaviour.

Any chance you can disable all plugins except GP Premium to eliminate conflicts from other plugins first?

Disable any custom functions you might be using as well.

Let me know 🙂

jhmattern

Ooh, thank you! I thought we’d cleaned up all the old custom functions from the previous theme, but it looks like we missed one. I wouldn’t have thought to check there again.

Much appreciated. 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.