[Resolved] Still have issue using reusable block multiple times on page with GB 1.4.0

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Still have issue using reusable block multiple times on page with GB 1.4.0

Home Forums Support Still have issue using reusable block multiple times on page with GB 1.4.0

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Karen

According to the issue reported in https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/saving-issues-when-creating-reusable-blocks-using-generateblocks/#post-1959394 the issue is fixed in GB 1.4.0. I have updated to 1.4.0 and still seem to be having the problem.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Karen,

I’ve tried catching the issue by placing 10+ reusable blocks w/ simple contents and I didn’t encounter any issues as shown here. Perhaps the issue has something to do w/ the content of the reusable block. (or the WordPress version used)

Can you share the current WordPress version of the site and contents of the reusable block you’re using?

Or perhaps provide temporary backend access to the site you’re working on so we can check things. (you can use the private information text field to provide details.)

Karen

Hi Elvin,

Thanks for looking into this. WordPress is 5.8.2. I set up a profile for you to access the staging site where the problem can be seen. I’m seeing the problem with all plugins deactivated (except GB and GP Premium).

To reproduce, I created a new page and a new reusable block. The reusable block consists of a GB container block with 2 paragraph blocks in it. Things work fine when I add the reusable block once, but as soon as I add the reusable block the 2nd time, the white dot appears on the Update button. It doesn’t matter if I convert the reusable block to a regular block.

Also, I can add reusable blocks that only contain 2 paragraph blocks with no GB container block and the problem does not occur.

Let me know if there is any other info you need.

Much thanks,
    Karen

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Karen,

I tried to add 3 same reusable blocks below the separator block:
    12.20.2021-11.03.17

The Update button changes to update..., I clicked the button and the page is updated successfully, you can see from the front end.

Is this not your case? Or you are just concerning about the white dot on the update button showing in the page editor?
    Let me know πŸ™‚

Karen

Hi Ying,

The appearance of the white dot on the update button seemed to be linked to the behavior that I expected to occur only when a reusable block had been edited. So it didn’t seem right that a reusable block with a GB container would trigger that behavior while a reusable block without a GB container did not trigger the behavior.

What’s really odd is that it seems to be working correctly now after you tested it. It’s letting me add multiple reusable blocks with a GB container, and it is not triggering the “white dot” behavior. I’m not doing anything different. Is that weird?

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

As Tom said when multiple reusable blocks added to one page, GB start to generate CSS per re-usable block, it’s because GB block has its own unique ID which WP blocks don’t have.

I think the white dot means the system is calculating, as long as it lets you update the page, I assume it’s fine.

Let us know if the issue occurs again, we can have another look then πŸ™‚

Karen

Okay. Thank you for your assistance. I appreciate it!!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.