[Resolved] Sticky Post appearing twice

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sticky Post appearing twice

Home Forums Support Sticky Post appearing twice

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    John

Hi!

I have a sticky post that is appearing twice, both at the top of the blog posts column and further down the page. Is there a setting I’m missing or is that typical behavior. This is on a membership site so you’ll have to be logged in to see it.

Thanks!

John

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Any chance you can link us to the site in question?

You can use the private information field.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

John

Hi Leo!

Sure. Logging in takes you right to the posts page. The sticky post thumbnail has a square with four colors.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s really strange. Sticky post shouldn’t be duplicated in the posts loop.

I couldn’t replicate this issue on my install either.

Are you using the infinite scroll option?

John

I’m not sure. Where is that setting? I know I’ve seen it somewhere.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    John

Infinite scroll was checked. I unchecked it then cleared both server and browser cache. The double post is still there, now on page two.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm…I’m not able to replicate that.

Are you able to disable all plugins and custom functions to eliminate any conflicts?

If the issue still exists, can you activate a twenty series WP theme to test if the same issue exist?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

John

Hmmm… Look at this. It may be standard WP behavior.

“What you describe is not an issue but normal WordPress behaviour. When you mark a post as a sticky it will be at the top of the list and it will appear in it’s original postition as well, unless the original position is on the first page. A sticky will appear at the top of the posts and in it’s original position but it will not appear twice on the same page.”

https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/116922/sticky-post-appears-twice

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh that’s good find!

I’m not aware of this part at all:

“unless the original position is on the first page. A sticky will appear at the top of the posts and in itโ€™s original position but it will not appear twice on the same page.”

John

Thanks for your help, Leo!

John

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.