[Resolved] Sticky post and WP Show Posts problem

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sticky post and WP Show Posts problem

Home Forums Support Sticky post and WP Show Posts problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paddyd

I need one post to be the featured post (not necessarily the latest one) so set it up with the short code in a full-width grid block and set the post count to “1” and marked the featured post as “sticky”. It shows up all right – but so does the NEXT most recent post. Someone noted this issue in the WP Show Posts plugin support threads 18 months ago and Tom noted that it sounded like a bug. Seems it’s still there. Thought maybe I could outwit it and tried putting the post count to zero, but it didn’t like that (showed the default 10 instead!)

Any ideas, short of manipulating the posting dates to not have to use “sticky” posts?

https://muskokastyle.com/test1 – top post is sticky, second one is the most recent one and shouldn’t be there.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

What about adding a tag specific to featured posts? That you could just tag the featured post and make it so only one post appears in that list.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

paddyd

That worked! I was wondering about trying something like that. The only problem is FINDING the tag in the forest of tags my client has added to all her posts. LOL. (I wonder if there is a way to make tags appear alphabetically?) Anyway, now that it’s there, it should be relatively simple to remove it when she wants a different featured post and add it to the new one. Thanks, as always, Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! You can always create a custom taxonomy so you don’t need to mix her tags with the featured “tag” ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.