[Resolved] sticky-placeholder

Home Forums Support [Resolved] sticky-placeholder

Home Forums Support sticky-placeholder

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Raymond

Hi Tom,

I am currently developping a site and I noticed that the sticky navigation causes the body content to slide downward when it appears. It behaves as expected when I delete the next nav element:

<nav id=”sticky-placeholder” class=”main-navigation is_stuck navigation-stick navigation-clone” style=”visibility: hidden; float: right; display: block; width: auto !important;width:auto !important”>

The site is not live right now, but I can make you an account to check this if you like.

Regards,
    Raymond van Melzen

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The placeholder is there to prevent the content from jumping up when the navigation becomes sticky. It happens here on this site as well.

If you’re experiencing something different than this site, I would need some login details to take a look.

Thanks!

Raymond

Hi Tom,

I made you an account. In my site the content jumps down when the navigation becomes sticky, presumably because the placeholder has a different size than the sticky navigation. I replaced the sticky navigation logo with a text, by the way. Maybe that is what is causing the trouble.

Regards,
    Raymond van Melzen

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Try adding this CSS:

#sticky-placeholder .menu-site-title {
        display: none;
    }
    Raymond

Hi Tom,

Yes, that does it.

Thank you for looking in to this!

Regards,
    Raymond

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.