[Resolved] Sticky navigation not working on posts, working everywhere else?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sticky navigation not working on posts, working everywhere else?

Home Forums Support Sticky navigation not working on posts, working everywhere else?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gary

Hi GP Support

I have a strange issue with the sticky navigation feature which I’ve not come across before now. I have set the sticky navigation feature on (for all devices) which is working as expected for all pages and some other custom post types I’ve created. However it does not seem to be working on posts specifically. I’m using some GP Block Elements for things like Page Heros etc but I don’t seem to have any options on that would disable the sticky header feature for posts pages.

Can you see if there are any obvious issues why this isn’t working on the posts specifically when it is working OK everywhere else? I’m sure it is something simple but I’m just not getting why it isn’t working.

Note the site in question is in development and not for public viewing, so I’ll share the access details in the private info area.

Thanks

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Gary,

Can you try #1 here?: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

It would be good to take a backup of your site before doing so.

Gary

Hi Fernando

Thanks for your response. In the meantime I managed to find the issue. I had a code snippet that was adding some custom classes to the body tag of pages based on categories, but in the function I’d neglected to still return the original classes if not a page, so the necessary body classes for GP sticky nav were not present on posts as a result!

I’ll mark this resolved. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Gary! Glad you found the cause! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.