[Resolved] Sticky menu displaying too wide on mobile site:

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sticky menu displaying too wide on mobile site:

Home Forums Support Sticky menu displaying too wide on mobile site:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Roger

Hi Tom,

Great theme, and great add-ons – I’ve purchased the full add-on pack and love it.

I have one issue though on my website (www.torquingcars.com) with the sticky menu. On desktop, it works perfectly, but on mobile (Sony Xperia Z3 Compact) the page loads but the content only displays half the width of the browser because the sticky menu displays at twice the width of the page and isn’t responsive as it should be.

Please help!

-Roger

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Roger,

Thanks so much for your purchase!

Can you update to the latest version of GP Premium?

What browser are you using on your phone?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Roger

Hi Tom,

Just updated (was developing the site on a local server so I didn’t see the update until now) and I’ve updated to the latest version of WordPress. I’m using Chrome on my phone (Google Chrome’s developer tools on desktop to preview on mobile has the same issue though, for reference).

Let me know if you resolve the issue, or if it’s just something I’ve done wrong.

Roger

Could it perhaps have something to do with the social media icons in the navigation bar being aligned right using this code (From one of your other support threads):

.social-media {
    float: right !important;
    }

I tried changing that to align them centered, but it doesn’t correct the issue I’m having.

Roger

Also (Sorry for continually adding), it seems it’s not just the sticky menu that’s the issue, but the whole site on mobile loads with a big blank space down the right hand side.

Roger

I’ve been doing some playing around on my side, and it seems it isn’t actually related to the sticky-menu at all, as it does it even when sticky menu is disabled. It also only affects the Homepage, and no others, so it must be something on there, I just don’t know what!

Roger

SUCCESS! After much playing around with my home page, cutting code and reloading the homepage piece by piece, I found it was actually Google’s adverts that aren’t fluid/responsive.

So, GeneratePress and all it’s add-ons are flawless as ever. Sorry to have been a bother, but thank you for the prompt responses. I’ll mark this thread as resolved, and you can remove it if you want.

Keep up the good work Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m glad you were able to figure it out! Give the responsive Adsense ads a try ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.