[Support request] Sticky Add to Cart Panel Not Working

Home Forums Support [Support request] Sticky Add to Cart Panel Not Working

Home Forums Support Sticky Add to Cart Panel Not Working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    pairfum

Dear Support Team @ GeneratePress,

We have just noticed that the ‘add to basket’ button within the sticky add-to-cart panel on Single Product Pages (i.e. NOT variable products) is not working for us on our live site. In other words, nothing happens when you click the button.

You can see this here:
    https://www.pairfum.com/product/ginger-elemi-vetiver-eau-de-parfum/

What surprises us, is that it IS working on our staging site, as you can see here:
    https://staging.pairfum.com/product/ginger-elemi-vetiver-eau-de-parfum/

Unfortunately, we cannot understand why one does work and the other doesn’t.

Can you understand why it doesn’t work on the live site? What do we need to fix?

Many thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Pairfum London

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

does the live site have any functions or scripts that would ‘interfere’ with a button click ? Such as a google tag event ?

pairfum

Hi David,

Many thanks for your reply.

Both the live site and the staging site have Google / FB / Bing / … tag events. When we block the tracking scripts via the browser, it doesn’t appear to make any difference.

One of the differences between the live and staging site is a PWA: it shows errors on the live site but is working fine on the staging site. Could the PWA interfere with the button?

Another difference is that the staging site is bypassing Cloudflare, .e.g. Rocket-Loader that accelerates JS is not active. However, when we bypass Cloudflare for the live site, it does not seem to make any difference.

What is also surprising is that sticky panel works for variable products, i.e. it correctly navigates to the ‘add to cart’ button.

Your help with fixing this problem is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Pairfum London

pairfum

Dear David,

Following your suggestion above, we have just tried the following:
    – turning off the Pixel tracking codes
    – turning off the PWA
    – pausing Cloudflare for the live site, i.e. not just a cache bypass but a complete bypass.

Sadly, none of it made a difference.

Kind regards,

Pairfum London

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Does anything change if you deactivate the WooCommerce Side Cart Premium plugin?

pairfum

Hi Tom,

Yes, it is the WooCommerce Side Cart Premium (by Xootix) which is the cause!

This really is surprising because on the staging site, GeneratePress’s sticky add-to-cart panel and the WC Side Cart work together without any issues.

You can add the following product from the sticky panel to the side cart without problems:
    https://staging.pairfum.com/product/ginger-elemi-vetiver-eau-de-parfum/

Would you have an idea why there might be a conflict on the live site? How can we fix it?

We like Xootix’s WC Side Cart Premium because it creates a very good & fast checkout experience but it doesn’t have to be Xootix, if you can suggest a similar, alternative solution that works with GP.

I have temporarily deactivated the sticky add-to-cart panel on the live site, so that our customers are not confused when nothing happens when click ‘add-to-cart’.

Kind regards,

Pairfum London

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can reactivate that plugin on staging so I can see the issue again?

You may need to contact them to see if there’s anything that can be done to make sure our add to cart link triggers their panel, but I’ll know more once I can see the problem again 🙂

pairfum

Hi Tom,

I have re-activated the plugin on the staging site:
    https://staging.pairfum.com

The combination of the sticky add-to-cart panel and the Xootix Side Cart is working flawlessly on the staging site.

It is on the live site that the clicking ‘add to basket’ in GP’s sticky add-to-cart panel does nothing.

Would you like me to re-activate there as well?

Kind regards,

Pairfum London

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There must be a difference between staging and live if that’s the case – have you tested the exact same product on both?

We may need some input from the developers of that plugin why something like this would be happening. It may be something they need to tweak, or it may be something we need to tweak on our end. I’m not familiar enough with their plugin to know, unfortunately.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.